- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Explain the component parts of a computer system - Include both hardware, software and the types of printer available.
- Essay length: 4192 words
- Submitted: 11/11/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
HE ACCESS TO BUSINESS STUDIES & COMPUTING
USING BUSINESS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
TASK ONE - Explain the component parts of a computer system. Include both hardware, software and the types of printer available.
A computer is a machine that processes information and is made up of different components. A computer system can be divided into hardware and software.
Hardware is the name for all the parts of a computer system that can be touched, for example the mouse or keyboard. Basically these devices can be split into:
* Central Processing Unit (CPU)
* Input devices
* Output devices
* Backing store (Memory)
The central processing unit
The CPU is the brain of the computer. It is responsible for processing the data and turning it into information that we can understand. There are three main elements of the CPU:
* The control unit which co-ordinates the input and output devices.
* The arithmetic and logic unit, which performs all the calculations and makes all of the logic decisions.
* The immediate access store, which provides immediate memory for holding
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Business & IT Department BTEC. Organisational System Sec...
- Barriers to Communication
- Plan an installation and an upgrade - Requirements in prepar...
- Explain sequence, selection and iteration as used in compute...
- Computing project - testing my library system
- Application Letter. My passion for Computer Science
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
""Zoey. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.