- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain the different techniques of gathering information to answer an IT Technical problem or request. Remember all computers at Cranks Ltd are networked together and they do not have any standalone computers.
- Essay length: 4312 words
- Submitted: 11/02/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 28 - IT Technical Support
Assignment 1 - Cranks Technical Resources
Cranks Ltd is a medium size IT Company based in central London. The company sells computer hardware to a number of businesses in the London area. It is very successful and has a well established staff with very little turnover.
They have a well established customer list of companies in London. To give the best service to these companies they place a lot of value on good IT Technical Support for their own staff. All the computers are networked together.
The company have a strong culture of very good IT Technical Support and spend considerable time and money training the staff in this department and providing them with money in order that they give very good IT support.
You are working for the IT Technical Support for Cranks. As you are considered to have a great deal of IT Technical Support experience you have been asked to produce reports for the Senior Management.
Task 1 (P3)
Explain information gathering techniques that can be used to answer a problem or request.
a) Explain the different techniques of gathering information
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Explain sequence, selection and iteration as used in compute...
- Influential Factors in Choosing a Programming Language
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Explain the component parts of a computer system - Include b...
- Business & IT Department BTEC. Organisational System Sec...
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.