- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Hardware and Software
- Essay length: 4388 words
- Submitted: 25/02/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Task One (P1)
I have outlined the hardware and software required to generate and manipulate graphic images and documents.
Types of Hardware
The processor is the brain of a computer. It reads instructions from your software and tells computer what to do. The speed at which the CPU processes information internally is measured in Megahertz (MHz) and Gigahertz (GHz). 1 GHz is equal to 1,000 MHz. Generally, processors with higher MHz or GHz enhance your ability to run creative, entertainment, communication, and productivity applications.
The processor has three main functions:
1. It controls the transmission of data from input devices to memory.
2. It processes the data held in main memory.
3. It controls the transmission of information from main memory to output devices.
The processor is held on a single board called a mother board.
I think operating system is the most important program that runs on a computer. Operating systems provide a software platform on top of which other programs, called application programs, run. The application programs must be written to run on top of a particular operating system. Your choice of operating system,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Input and Output Devices
- Evaluate the design and operation of Frito-Lay's logistic ne...
- Time and Cost Estimating Techniques
- Principles of Computer Networks
- The CPU (Central Processing Unit) is the processor within th...
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.