- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Hardware and Software requirements.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Hardware and Software requirements
All ICT systems require Hardware and software in order to function. For the ICT system I am going to produce for a sole trader, the following requirements are essential for this
* A CD-RW or DVD-RW is needed to save/backup large amounts of data in the event of corruption. It works by using microscopic bumps to store data. The surface of the CD disc is a mirror, and the bumps disrupt the mirror's perfect surface. The laser that reads the CD or DVD can detect the difference between a perfect mirror and an imperfection caused by. By identifying the bumps as a "1," and no bump as a "0," it is easy to store digital information on a CD or DVD. The bumps on a CD are molded into the plastic when it is produced, so they are permanent Files can be accessed on other computers and copied. Alternatives to this device are portable Flash drives, zip disc the old method of tapes and Floppy discs.
* FDD to save/back up small files and to add small programs or updates to programs.
* A fast CD-rom can be used
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Business & IT Department BTEC. Organisational System Sec...
- Compilers and Interpreters
- Memory Managment Operating Systems
- Barilla SpA - Case Report
- An introduction to Identity Theft
- BTEC National in IT Organisational systems security - Polici...
- BTEC National in IT Organisational systems security - Softwa...
- Future Developments in ICT
- Computing project - testing my library system
- Application Letter. My passion for Computer Science
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student