- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Hardware and Software requirements.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Hardware and Software requirements
All ICT systems require Hardware and software in order to function. For the ICT system I am going to produce for a sole trader, the following requirements are essential for this
* A CD-RW or DVD-RW is needed to save/backup large amounts of data in the event of corruption. It works by using microscopic bumps to store data. The surface of the CD disc is a mirror, and the bumps disrupt the mirror's perfect surface. The laser that reads the CD or DVD can detect the difference between a perfect mirror and an imperfection caused by. By identifying the bumps as a "1," and no bump as a "0," it is easy to store digital information on a CD or DVD. The bumps on a CD are molded into the plastic when it is produced, so they are permanent Files can be accessed on other computers and copied. Alternatives to this device are portable Flash drives, zip disc the old method of tapes and Floppy discs.
* FDD to save/back up small files and to add small programs or updates to programs.
* A fast CD-rom can be used to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Input and Output Devices
- Evaluate the design and operation of Frito-Lay's logistic ne...
- Principles of Computer Networks
- Time and Cost Estimating Techniques
- The CPU (Central Processing Unit) is the processor within th...
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo