- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Introduction to Computerized Accounting.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction to Computerized Accounting
Over the past two decades the way accounting data is entered, stored and processed has changed considerably. This is due to the introduction of computerized accounting packages.
It is no longer necessary for large companies to have huge store rooms full of ledgers and records. Instead all information can be stored in computer hard disks.
Accounting packages give many advantages over manual systems, for example entries do not have to be recorded in multiple ledgers. A single entry is made and the package will update all the appropriate accounts automatically.
Computerized accounting packages also make it possible for people in other departments, not just accounting to enter data. It does not require a vast amount of accounting knowledge for a pay role clerk to enter wages details into the accounts. Just a basic understanding of how to use the package is needed.
Furthermore these packages simplify the use of the double entry system greatly. In a manual accounting system, as well as creating an audit trail to record all transactions, a trail balance, profit and loss account and a balance sheet would have to be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Plan an installation and an upgrade - Requirements in prepar...
- Justify a particular installation or upgrade. I have instal...
- Utility Programs and Macros
- The impact of the availability of electric information on in...
- BTEC National in IT Organisational systems security - Polici...
- BTEC National in IT Organisational systems security - Softwa...
- Future Developments in ICT
- Computing project - testing my library system
- Application Letter. My passion for Computer Science
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.