- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Small Office Network Implementation - hardware and security.
- Essay length: 2577 words
- Submitted: 22/02/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Small Office Network Implementation 1
Internet and Networking Devices 3
Ethernet Hub 3
Ethernet Switch 4
Network printer 6
Network Fax 7
ADSL modem 8
File server 9
Proxy server 10
Internet & Network Vulnerabilities 11
Internet Vulnerabilities 11
Network Vulnerabilities 11
Security Measures & Counter Measures 12
Tabulation of Costing 15
Small Office Network Implementation
In the diagram network divided in to two segments its uses a star topology this divided networks have connected to an intelligent hub. Intelligent hubs are connected to an Ethernet switch it will improve the performance. Following devices also have connected to this switch work station, network printer, network fax, file server, and proxy server. If all devices connect to a hub it will increase the network traffic it will slow down the network that's the reason I used two hubs and connected to a switch.
Using one Network printer and one network fax reduce the cost of the network. And all the clients can capable to receive faxes instead of using one fax per
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Plan an installation and an upgrade - Requirements in prepar...
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Control Unit, Memory Unit, and Arithmetic Logic Unit. The C...
- Barriers to Communication
- Open and Closed Loop Control System
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.