- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Smart Card System
The first 200 words of this essay...
Chapter 1: Client- Server Technology
1.1 Client-Server Concept and Architecture
The term "client/server" implies that clients and servers are separate logical entities that work together, usually over a network, to accomplish a task. Client/server is more than a client and a server communicating across a network. Client/server uses asynchronous and synchronous messaging techniques with the assistance of middle-ware to communicate across a network.
Client/Server uses this approach of a client (UI) and the server (database I/O) to provide its robust distributed capabilities. The company, Sigma has used this technique for over 15 years to allow its products to be ported to multiple platforms, databases, and transaction processors while retaining a product's marketability and enhanced functionality from decade to decade.
Sigma's client/server product uses an asynchronous approach of sending a message to request an action and receives a message containing the information requested. This approach allows the product to send intensive CPU processing requests to the server to perform and return the results to the client when finished.
Sigma's architecture is based on re-usability and portability. Sigma currently uses a standard I/O routine, which is mutually exclusive from the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Barriers to Communication
- Plan an installation and an upgrade - Requirements in prepar...
- Control Unit, Memory Unit, and Arithmetic Logic Unit. The C...
- Open and Closed Loop Control System
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.