- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Seven Domains of IT Infrastructure
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Computer Science and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Seven Domains of IT Infrastructure
Seven domains can be found in a typical IT infrastructure. They are as follows: User Domain, Workstation Domain, LAN Domain, LAN-to-WAN Domain, Remote Access Domain, WAN Domain, and System/Application Domain. Each of these domains is viewed as portals for attackers if countermeasures are missing or fail. It is very imperative for businesses to protect each of these seven domains. It only takes one unprotected domain for an attacker to gain access to private data.
The User Domain is comprised of individuals that are often not aware of the tricks of attackers. For example, networks usually have strong passwords that one must know in order to gain access to the Internet. Nevertheless, social engineers can persuade individuals to give out personal information such as passwords and other types of private information. By giving out such information can cause computer viruses and infections executed by social engineers. Another way in which the User Domain can fall susceptible to attackers is the activities carried out by individuals on the computer. Visiting dangerous websites, downloading malicious files, and installing infected programs all give invitations to attackers to hack computer systems. In addition, inserting
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Business & IT Department BTEC. Organisational System Sec...
- Barriers to Communication
- Plan an installation and an upgrade - Requirements in prepar...
- Explain sequence, selection and iteration as used in compute...
- Computing project - testing my library system
- Application Letter. My passion for Computer Science
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.