- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Unit 10 Server-side scripting of web pages part 2
- Essay length: 2205 words
- Submitted: 14/11/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
Table of contents
P1 - 3, 4, 5, 6
P2 - 7, 8
P3 - 11, 12
Explain the function of the system unit components and how they communicate
Central processing unit - The Central Processing Unit (CPU) carries out the actual processing of data. The data it processes is gathered via the system bus, from the main memory. The CPU then sends back the results to main memory via the system bus. The CPU also controls and times the operations of the other key components. CPU's use in their operation: Fetch, decode, execute, and writeback.
BIOS - The BIOS is a built-in software that decides what a computer can do without having access to a hard drive or CD/DVD. On PCs, the BIOS contains all the code required to control the keyboard, display screen, disk drives, serial communications, and a number of other miscellaneous functions.
Motherboard - The motherboard is a printed circuit board (PCB) that houses
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Barriers to Communication
- Plan an installation and an upgrade - Requirements in prepar...
- Control Unit, Memory Unit, and Arithmetic Logic Unit. The C...
- Open and Closed Loop Control System
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.