- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The first 200 words of this essay...
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 "brought together a range of legislation covering health and safety since the first act was introduced in 1802" (Moonie et al, 1994:232). Although the act emphasises the responsibility of the employer on health and safety care workers must also have an awareness and understanding of their health and safety responsibilities in relation to relevant legislation such as
* The Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974
* The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, 1999
* Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH), 2002
* Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences
* Manual Handling Regulations, 1992 (amended 2002)
* Health and Safety First Aid Regulations, 1981
Important ethical issues arise with the exercise of the above duties through the Codes of Practice and the Human Rights Act 1998. The Codes of Practice help classify the quality of care clients can expect if they receive care services and they can be used as a source for measuring the quality of care provided. Issues arise because they involve questions of the restriction of liberty and adjudication by health
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Design and Technology (view all)
- Select either a qualitative or quantitative study, then make...
- The use of I.C.T within the police force.
- Uses For Polymers - my bullet proof vest design.
- How do you use ergonomics?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Virtual Reality...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.