- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Method and Process used in Engineering Design.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Method and Process used in Engineering Design
Engineering Design requires efficient and careful consideration to solve technical problems related to the satisfaction of human needs. A simple definition of design is to create according to a plan for a particular purpose. Design usually starts with a loosely defined problem for which many possible solutions exist. The engineering design process, which can be viewed as a particular type of problem solving, is an orderly, systematic approach involving iteration and decision making at each step. It can be illustrate by using flow chats or steps. They contain four main phases in order to avoid any risks occurring and help the design process successful. The four main phases are clarification of the task, conceptual design, embodiment design and detail design as shown in fig. 1 and fig. 2. The steps listed below represent one of the many possible ways of subdividing the design process. It is important to emphasize that the solution process is both sequential and highly iterative in nature.
1. Identifying the need
2. Defining the problem
3. Gathering information
4. Determining constraints and setting criteria
5. Generating alternative solutions
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Design and Technology (view all)
- Select either a qualitative or quantitative study, then make...
- How do graphic designers give images meaning and how is symb...
- McDonalds sector and what happens
- One invention that is being used in every country is an infa...
- Multidisciplinary approaches in ergonomics
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.