- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analyse and compare the opening sequences of 'The Bill' and 'Murder City'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analyse and compare the opening sequences of 'The Bill' and 'Murder City'
All police shows aim at thrilling and exciting their audiences by diverse portrayals of the police and crime. Each one presents the police and crime in their own unique way because each has to be different from the rest in order to attract an audience.
For this part of my project, I have chosen two contrasting cop shows - 'The Bill' and 'Murder City' - to help me in exploring and analysing the methods used by the media in entertaining their target audiences via these shows.
I shall use the episode of 'The Bill' that went on air on 11.03.2004 and the first episode of 'Murder City'. In analysing and comparing the above two, I shall take a look at their credits, music, graphics, camera work and the introduction of their characters.
(1) MUSIC- At the beginning of 'The Bill', we are shown a synopsis of the story from the previous episode so the audience can catch up and understand the order of events. During this recapping, the music of 'The Bill's' opening sequence is played softly in the background.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Response to 'Find Me' text written by Olwen Wymark.
- Road by Jim Cartwright - Notes on the plot and Subject matte...
- Read Act 1 of Kindertransport page 3 to page 6 Discuss the ...
- Blood Brothers evaluation.
- Performing Arts evaluation
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'