- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Consider how physical setting can be used to communicate successfully the dance idea - Give examples from Still Life and four other professional dance works.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Drama and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
In Still Life At The Penguin Café physical setting is
an important part of the whole dance.
Consider how physical setting can be used to communicate successfully the dance idea. Give examples from Still Life and four other professional dance works.
In Still Life At The Penguin Café physical setting is important to help the audience get an understanding of what is happening in the dance. Physical setting needs to communicate successfully to the audience so needs to be clear and obvious to them.
In a dance props are also a useful way of conveying a dance idea, they create realism and therefore the dance becomes clearer to the audience.
When first introduced to the penguins in section one, The Great Auk the set design is a mountainous flat with an ice and sea scene on it in the centre of the stage. This sets the scene of the penguins' habitat so the audience get a better feel for the dance. The lighting is important because it is used to focus the attention of the audience on a particular character and in section one, white spotlights are used so they focus on
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theatre Studies (view all)
- In what ways were acting techniques or design elements and d...
- Vinegar Tom - Plot and Subplot
- Antigone. How would you want your audience to respond to th...
- A doll's House, casting decisions for Nora and Kristine Lynd...
- How would you direct the confrontation between Creon and Hae...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.