- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Dance - Dedication to ballet.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The lights dim, the orchestra begins to warm up, the rustling of paper can be heard, and then the curtain rises. The performance begins with an overture, a prelude to what will happen. Suddenly, the star ballerina appears on stage. She is beautiful and the audience claps vigorously for her. At the end of the show, she receives flowers and massive amounts of applause. Every little girl in the audience wants to be the ballerina on stage that was just seen. How does a little girl fulfill her dream of becoming a professional ballerina? What are the steps she must take in order to be on a stage gaining recognition one day?
First, a dancer must be classically trained. Normally dancers study for at least five years before going on stage in even the smallest role. All of the steps and rules must be learned from the person's teacher. Many girls begin at the age of three or four whereas boys generally start lessons at the age of nine or ten. Ballet is a very strict form of dance, and provides the child with a great amount of discipline and dedication.
Dedication to ballet, or
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theatre Studies (view all)
- Two by Jim Cartwright Notes
- Drama Reflection. Evaluation of the development and improvem...
- Live Theatre Review - The actors and director of The "W...
- Describe a room in detail saying what it reveals about the p...
- "How Does The 'The Caucasian Chalk Circle' Fit Into Bre...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student