- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Directing Act Three Scene 1 of Midsummer's Nights Dreams.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The plot of this scene has a lot of potential for creative directing. The surreal and chaotic world of the fairies when contrasted with the foolish world of the mechanicals appears almost orderly. The setting of this scene also displays this ironic gradient as the men physically step almost into the world of the fairies.
The beginning of this scene is as the mechanicals all gather in the forest to rehearse. Titania, the fairy queen is sleeping close by.
I would have a dark stage with low orange light on the area where the men gather. Titania lying at the side of the stage would be separated by darkness with a forest green light, perhaps with filters with a foliage effect cast over her. The orange would clash with the green. This would indicate trouble arising.
The conversations between the mechanicals would be spoken over- dramatically. Such as:
Bottom There are things in this comedy of Pyramus and Thisby that will never please. First, Pyramus must draw a sword to kill himself, [here all the actors must be shocked and taken aback] which the ladies cannot abide.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Gladiator - Main themes of this film
- Road by Jim Cartwright - Notes on the plot and Subject matte...
- A comparison of the ways in which the writers use language i...
- Symbolism in the Glass Menagerie
- Creative writing piece with commentary.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Zoey. University Student.