- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Directing Act Three Scene 1 of Midsummer's Nights Dreams.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The plot of this scene has a lot of potential for creative directing. The surreal and chaotic world of the fairies when contrasted with the foolish world of the mechanicals appears almost orderly. The setting of this scene also displays this ironic gradient as the men physically step almost into the world of the fairies.
The beginning of this scene is as the mechanicals all gather in the forest to rehearse. Titania, the fairy queen is sleeping close by.
I would have a dark stage with low orange light on the area where the men gather. Titania lying at the side of the stage would be separated by darkness with a forest green light, perhaps with filters with a foliage effect cast over her. The orange would clash with the green. This would indicate trouble arising.
The conversations between the mechanicals would be spoken over- dramatically. Such as:
Bottom There are things in this comedy of Pyramus and Thisby that will never please. First, Pyramus must draw a sword to kill himself, [here all the actors must be shocked and taken aback] which the ladies cannot abide. How
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Blood Brothers evaluation.
- "Though the most corrupt character in the world of the ...
- Sean OCaseys "Shadow of a Gunman". How would you p...
- How would you perform the role of Antigone during her first ...
- Outline your set design for Antigone and explain how it woul...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.