- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
It was a piece of Theatre In Education work and was based on the theme of 'drug awareness'. The main themes are drugs and alcohol abuse.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Drama Part 1 Assessment
My practical work in February 2003 was for Option 3. It was a piece of Theatre In Education work and was based on the theme of 'drug awareness'. The main themes are drugs and alcohol abuse.
My contribution to the performance was as a performer. I had to be a background character in the poem (1st section), perform a monologue as a 13yr old girl (3rd section), and be a contestant in our adaptation of 'Ready Steady Cook' (4th section).
To help me in my work I looked for information on the Internet about drugs, and the use of them with children and teenagers, and watched 'Trainspotting' where a group of men indulge in drugs in Scotland. I also watched a film called 'From Hell' in which a detective takes opium to see visions; this was set in the late 1800's. I also read various newspaper articles on other people's experiences with drugs. We had to make sure our imitation of 'Ready Steady Cook' was accurate so we had to watch the original programme and take notes.
The most useful material I looked at was an article on the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Response to 'Find Me' text written by Olwen Wymark.
- Road by Jim Cartwright - Notes on the plot and Subject matte...
- Read Act 1 of Kindertransport page 3 to page 6 Discuss the ...
- A Doll's house. How would you perform the role of Doctor Ran...
- Street Dance Evaluation
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.