- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Performance notes on our piece - John Godbers Teechers
The first 200 words of this essay...
John Godber's Teechers
Practitioner: John Godber/Hull Truck Theatre Company
Chosen skill: Acting
Part played: Salty who plays the parts off Mr.Nixon, Oggy Moxon, Teacher B, Deanie
Section 1 - clear and concise evidence of detailed exploration of the chosen practitioner and good level of understanding of their theatrical purpose. Justification of play and extract in relation to the practitioner's work.
With only having 3 members in our group, this restricted us into what play we could choose from. After reading a few of the Godber's texts (e.g. happy jack) I found that I enjoyed his plays. He writes from experience and as he says himself "I think the best kind of writing is something that comes out of yourself, there's no point writing anything unless it's felt." Through his writing I could see the depth of his understanding of the characters and their regional setting (Yorkshire).
In the play there is a lot of mulit roling, for example I play the part of Salty who plays the part of 4 other different characters just in the sections of the play we have chosen. This then gave me the challenge of having
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Outline your set design for Antigone and explain how it woul...
- How would you perform the role of Antigone during her first ...
- "Though the most corrupt character in the world of the ...
- Sean OCaseys "Shadow of a Gunman". How would you p...
- Monologue Choice. I eventually found one monologue its calle...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.