- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Three sister Anton Chekov analysis and review of a performance.
The first 200 words of this essay...
3 sisters by Anton Chekov is a play about everything and nothing, how is this communicated through the performance?
3 sisters is a realistic play that explores hope and despair, Russia and inner truth. Russia is shown in the use of dialogue such as what is written in the script. Irina seems to be the major person who shows an extreme need to return back to her home town Moscow. Costume, and set which is main clarity that communicates Russia. The use of stage and space shows Russia and its massive expanse. It also shows its simplicity. Its basic lighting was dark and cold and gives a sense of being exposed distinctively in act 4. Act 4 is about goodbyes and deaths. They show a sense of relief and a new start. Scene 4 was very different to the other scenes and you could tell it was the last scene. The lighting exposed truth about lives and the juxtaposition of nature and truth comes alight when Masha talks about the bird in the distance as if she wishes she could be that bird and be free. The lights and haze were ominous suggesting about what was going to happen.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Evaluate the use of theatre to create comedy in the producti...
- Drama Portfolio - Too much Punch For Judy
- Performance notes on our piece - John Godbers Teechers
- Berkoff's Theatrical Purpose
- Form and Structure in the context of The Caucasian Chalk Cir...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.