- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Tony Blair's Broadcast To The Nation - On the 26th March 1999.
The first 200 words of this essay...
hTony Blair's Broadcast To The Nation.
On the 26th March 1999, Tony Blair made a broadcast to the nation, explaining the actions he had taken during the Kosovo crisis.
He appears in the corner of a room, which gives the impression that he is trapped; backed into a corner. The walls are plain red, which represents the labour party, which the audience may sub-consciously notice. The room is plain; as is the wooden desk at which he sits, which offers no distractions. He wears a plain black suit, which is quite sombre, and suggests seriousness and formality. He does not use his usual hand gestures to stress his message, instead keeping them tightly clasped in front of him throughout the speech. He makes the broadcast at 5pm, which targets a large audience - most of the country will be tuned in around this time. The camera shot of him is fairly close up which adds drama, and it is also quite personal as he is almost in the room with the viewer, which adds intimacy.
In his opening sentence he says "to you, to me, to all of us". He is straight
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Response to 'Find Me' text written by Olwen Wymark.
- Road by Jim Cartwright - Notes on the plot and Subject matte...
- Blood Brothers evaluation.
- Street Dance Evaluation
- Read Act 1 of Kindertransport page 3 to page 6 Discuss the ...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.