- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Pakistan is in the grip of a serious energy crisis that is affecting all sectors of the economy and the various segments of the society. As the situation stands to-day, there are hardly any immediate solutions to resolve the issue.
- Essay length: 3702 words
- Submitted: 21/05/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
Crisis' has been coined by a Greek word which means 'decisive moment'. Crisis is declared when something has gone to a level where an action must be taken to avoid complete disaster or breakdown. Energy is essential for the maintenance and development of the quality of human life as well as for economic activities. To maintain accelerated growth momentum, the economy needs reliable, uninterrupted and affordable supply of energy. Pakistan is in the grip of a serious energy crisis that is affecting all sectors of the economy and the various segments of the society. As the situation stands to-day, there are hardly any immediate solutions to resolve the issue. A change of attitude and a change of life style is needed at the national level which should be triggered by the ruling elite and followed by all segments of the society that have access to electricity. At best there could be some short and long-term solutions to the crisis but they need immediate planning and execution with an enormous investment.
SOURCES OF ENERGY :
Pakistan's commercially exploitable energy resources consist of coal, gas, oil and hydropower,
and a large base of traditional fuels in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Macroeconomics (view all)
- Discuss the benefits of economic growth
- To what extent is economic growth desirable
- Impact of Macro-Economic Policy on the UK Economy
- An Introduction to Aggregate Demand
- How can inflation be reduced?
- Many countries have experienced a substantial rise in their ...
- Discuss whether or not supply-side polices are the best for ...
- Explain the 3 economic questions all economies face because ...
- Keynesian theory
- The Causes that Affect the Consumption of High and Low Incom...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.