- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
An Analysis of Jack London's 'Revolution'
The first 200 words of this essay...
"The time should be past for the mental attitude: "Revolution is atrocious. Sir, there is no revolution." Likewise should the time be past for that other familiar attitude: "Socialism is slavery. Sir, it will never be." It is no longer a question of dialectics, theories, and dreams. There is no question about it. The revolution is a fact. It is here now. Seven million revolutionists, organized, working day and night, are preaching the revolution--that passionate gospel, the Brotherhood of Man. Not only is it a cold-blooded economic propaganda, but it is in essence a religious propaganda with a fervour in it of Paul and Christ. The capitalist class has been indicted. It has failed in its management and its management is to be taken away from it. Seven million men of the working-class say that they are going to get the rest of the working-class to join with them and take the management away. The revolution is here, now. Stop it who can."
Final paragraph of Jack London's 'Revolution', (1905).
This extract from Jack London`s essay 'Revolution' was written during the 1905 Russian Revolution, which would culminate (and subsequently fail) later in the year. The purpose of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Causes of language change
- Language Change: from Old English to Modern English.
- The History of the English Language
- How do infants come to understand and produce their first wo...
- Exploring the genre and style of the Political Interview - P...
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.