- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Book title: Animal Farm Name: Yammy Ho
Author: George Orwell Class: 6s
Date: 2/05/2009 Class no.: 5
The story begins Old Major, who gathers all of the animals in the farm to tell them a dream that he has. He tells them about a society of only animals, they would run everything without humans. All animals like this idea and they sing a song called "Beasts of England" about their freedom. Three days after announcing his dream, Old Major dies. Two younger pigs, Snowball and Napoleon, put Old Major's ideas into a philosophy and they call it Animalism. Later, the animals beat Farmer Jones off of the farm and claim that the farm belongs to them, calling it "Animal Farm". Everyone works together and bring happiness to the farm. Snowball teaches the animals to read, and Napoleon educates a group of puppies on Animalism. In a little while, there is a struggle for power between Snowball and Napoleon. Snowball wants to build a windmill to produce energy for the animals, but Napoleon disagrees and gives command to the dogs to chase Snowball out of town. After that, Napoleon owns all power and begins to run the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Grouping texts on the basis of shared linguistic features. T...
- Commentary for English Language AS. The article I chose to w...
- Exams should be abolished speech
- Theories Of Language Development - Chomsky and Skinner
- Language Aquisition Notes
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student