- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Character Analysis of Queen Hermione
The first 200 words of this essay...
Character Analysis Essay: Queen Hermione of Sicilia.
Queen Hermione of Sicilia is one of the main characters of Shakespeare's play "The Winter's Tale". She is the wife of King Leontes of Sicilia and mother of Prince Mamillius. Her pregnancy and closeness to Leontes' childhood friend King Polixenes of Bohemia causes her husband to become delusional with jealousy and consequently lock her away where she gives birth to her second child (A girl named Perdita), only to be held in trial and proven innocent by the "oracle". Though still pledged guilty and, eventually is said to be dead after the declaration of her son's sudden death. Which in order lead to the continuous events of the play, her characteristics are quite noticeable even with her lack of presence in the play - the elegance and ground that she appears to hold throughout the scenes she's in seem to appear effect one's opinion of such a character. One's opinion of this particular character intertwines respect and love; for not only does she show femininity and patience, but she aslo represents a royal queen at its finest.
Hermione's character can be seen to be an intelligent and graceful one. Her wit
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
The Winter's Tale (view all)
- Winter's Tale Essay on Reference to the Gods and Fate
- The Winter's Tale: Tragedy in Acts 1-3.
- The Winter's Tale - Paulina and Hermione
- "The true interest of 'The Winter's Tale' lies not with...
- How does Shakespeare Develop the Character of Leontes in the...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.