- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Characteristics of a Good Language Learner.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Characteristics of a Good Language Learner
Nagyné Gulyas Erna
Second Language Acquisition
Tutor: Sankó GyulaDL 3rd year
The aim of this essay is to collect the characteristics of a good language learner. Before I start to list these qualities, I would like to tell that teachers who do not meet such a student during their career should not be disappointed; they rather have to discover that there is some kind of a positive feature in every student. Some of the students are good at writing in the foreign language, they know the grammatical rules and apply them correctly, but face many problems when they have to apply this knowledge orally. Other students are the opposite of this character; they have difficulties when they write on the target language, because in these cases accuracy is more important than fluency. They speak consciously, because they are aware of the fact that fluency is more important in speaking and the smaller grammatical mistakes are forgivable.
It should be mentioned here that self-consciousness is one of the most important characteristic a good language learner should have. It means that the student is aware
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Language Aquisition Notes
- Symbolism in The Kite Runner
- Exploring the genre and style of the Political Interview - P...
- Outline and Evaluate Chomsky's Approach to Language Acquisit...
- Child Language Acquisition
- Language Investigation. This essay will show the evolvement...
- How do three different types of reports of the death of Tony...
- Text Commentary - Text 25 (Food Glorious Food Anthology)
- Text Commentary - Text 17 (Food Glorious Food Anthology)
- Text Comparision - Food in "Oliver Twist" and Pete...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.