- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Chinese writing system is famous for its complexity
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. The properties of language are arbitrary, cultural transmitted, duality and highly productive. The fact that a language must acquired because it is arbitrary and cultural transmitted. Each symbol represents a/some sound(s) and that specific symbol conventionally is sounded in that way. Therefore it must be learnt by each generation.
2. Arbitrary in dictionary means not based on principle, system or plan. The arbitrariness in human language means the symbols, signs, alphabets or logograms used are not based on any principle. The form is not related to the meaning nor is the meaning dictated by the form. People just invent them arbitrarily.
3. The three body parts of human to produce speech sounds are vocal cords, soft palate and tongue. Their physiological adaptations are
vocal cord. - It's the voice producing part of larynx. By variation of tension and vibration amplitude of the cord to produce different sounds.
Soft-palate - It's the soft roof of mouth that increases the echo effect of sound through the nose
Tongue - It's the movable organ in the mouth example for speaking "F" sound.
4. Chinese writing system is famous for its complexity. There are a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Grouping texts on the basis of shared linguistic features. T...
- Commentary for English Language AS. The article I chose to w...
- Exams should be abolished speech
- Theories Of Language Development - Chomsky and Skinner
- Language Aquisition Notes
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.