- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
The text is a monologue and inspired by two other kinds of texts. Alan Bennett's "Talking Heads" and (to a lesser extent) a text I discovered by Carol Ann Duffy called Comprehensive. It is present in the AQA English Language and Literature Anthology for 2003, 2004, 2005.
The purpose of the text is as a means of entertaining an audience of a younger age (possibly in between the ages of 12-18) that are aware of the groups of people concerned (who are usually teenagers themselves) and also of their colloquialisms. This targets mostly those who are affected or annoyed by these types of people within their daily lives. (People in the Birmingham area of this age are more likely to understand the dialect). A person that fits into this category should hopefully find that the text is true to real life, and also quite amusing.
The piece begins as one of Alan Bennett's "Talking Heads" would. As his works were written with the assumption that they would be visual for a watching audience as well as just for a listening audience, he wrote, what could be referred to as stage directions
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Language Aquisition Notes
- Investigating how language has changed in children's litera...
- Exploring the genre and style of the Political Interview - P...
- Analyse and comment on the way your idiolect changes dependi...
- Class and Gender conflict in Pygmalion
- Text Comparision - Food in "Oliver Twist" and Pete...
- Analysing the representation of speech: Texts A and B are bo...
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.