- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Comparing Head of English to R.E your poem and recent visit.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Comparing Head of English to
R.E your poem and recent visit
The purpose for the head of English is to in some way give English teachers a bad name. Carol Ann Duffy is a visiting poet to an all girls school, at the school she finds that the head of English is unwelcoming and tries her best to make her feel small. She wants the audience to know the ordeal that she went through, so this is in some way to get revenge and to entertain the audience by showing what her version of a stereotypical English teacher is like. She is also mocking her, by over elaborating on her actions and the things she says.
The purpose for R.E your poem and recent visit is a reply to the poem Head of English. Andrew Mayne is saying that it is unfair to give all English teachers a bad name, and tries to show through his writing what they are really like. He finds the poem offensive and so in return tries to offend Carol Ann Duffy in some way, by using the same style of mocking ness and over elaborating. His
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Carol Ann Duffy (view all)
- To what extent do you agree with the view that Duffy present...
- 'Carol Ann Duffy's poetry is mainly concerned with the polit...
- Close Analysis of Carol Ann Duffys Mrs Aesop.
- Comparison of "Havisham" and "Salome" by...
- "In Mrs. Tilscher's Class" by Carol Ann Duffy deal...
- Compare the representation of relationships in the poems Tex...
- Light can take on many different forms, some more prominent ...
- Duffy has said that violence and evil arent owned by men. Ho...
- How does Duffy present personal experience of war in Passing...
- Carol Ann Duffy Shooting Stars Analysis
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student