- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Consider ways in which Owen portrays his views of the importance of camaraderie in Apologia Pro Poemate Meo
The first 200 words of this essay...
Making close reference to language, imagery and verse from, consider ways in which Owen portrays his views of the importance of camaraderie in 'Apologia Pro Poemate Meo'
Apologia pro poemate meo means the reasons for my poetry and is about the friendships made throughout the war. As a response to Robert graves letter telling Owen 'for god's sake cheer up and write more optimistically', and the more positive style is shown throughout the rhyme, metre and rhythm as it is all regular. However the poem reads as a contradiction as it is merry yet still about the war. This upbeat tone throughout could also be portrayed as sarcastic.
I will be referring to insensibility as it is a contrast to this poem and gives a different view on how men cope in war. I will also refer to strange meeting as it gives a twist to importance of camaraderie, as the man he killed whom he meets in hell, shows they are more likely friends rather than enemies.
The importance of camaraderie is highlighted throughout apologia pro poemate meo, 'Merry it was to laugh there' shows that even though war is such a horrific place,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
War Poetry (view all)
- "Attack" by Sassoon critical analysis
- Material: Who's' for the game? - Jessie Pope, and Dulce et ...
- The Haber Process
- "The Sniper" by Liam O'flaherty - review
- The Horses - Edwin Muir
- Thomas has a very distinctive eye for the miniature of natur...
- Explore Owens Use of Metaphor in Mental Cases
- In the elegy "strange Meeting ", Owen brings the h...
- How does Thomas present war in "As the Team's Head Bras...
- The theme of war and destruction is presented through the po...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.