- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Could the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet happen today? The story of the "star crossed lovers" is a true tragedy as there was so much potential for the relationship to work.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Could the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet happen today?
The story of the "star crossed lovers" is a true tragedy as there was so much potential for the relationship to work. The feelings that the couple from "two houses alike in dignity" were so immense that they ended up dying for each other. If it wasn't for fate, their dedication would have allowed them to grow old together, and not end up dying at such a young age.
Fate is a continuous factor throughout the play and leads to much of the tragedy. A good example of this is the Capulet party. It is quite ironic that Peter, the Capulets servant can't read the list of people invited to the Capulets party. So he approaches Benvolio. This leads to Mercutio asking Romeo to come with them the party, which happens to be a masked ball, so they would not be identified as Montagues.
In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo says "some consequence, yet hanging in the stars, shall bitterly begin this fearful date" Even before he had met Juliet, Romeo has predicted that something will start that night of the party but would lead
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Romeo & Juliet (view all)
- Romeos change in character and his feelings for Juliet - Com...
- To what extent is Baz Luhrmann's William Shakespeare's Romeo...
- The theme of haste in Romeo and Juliet
- Is lord Capulet a good father?
- On The Nature Of Tragedy - Romeo and Juliet.
- Shakespeares play Romeo and Juliet shows a clear turning poi...
- One of the most important issues in The tragedy of Romeo and...
- 'Romeo and Juliet is a play that celebrates young love' Agre...
- What evidence in the play can be interpreted as Mercutios af...
- Major Themes in Romeo and Juliet
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.