- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Critical Evaluation The Ballad of Billy Rose
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Carol Ann Duffy and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
"The Ballad of Billy Rose"
Is there a poem you have read recently that has made an impression on you?
Say briefly what the poem is about, then, in more detail, describe the impact the poem has made on you.
You should comment on the poet's use of language and imagery.
A poem which has made an impression on me is "The Ballad of Billy Rose" by Leslie Norris. The poem describes memories of the poet being at a football match and then being at a boxing match 20 years before that. Through an analysis of language and imagery I will explain why the poem has made such an impact on me.
The poem begins with the poet recalling a memory of being at a football match. This quickly chances when he remembers seeing Billy Rose for the first time in 20 years. After seeing Bill Rose he remembers a night when he was younger when he went to a boxing match. This was the night he saw Billy Rose blinded by George Morgan of Tirphil.
At the beginning of the poem he remembers standing outside
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Carol Ann Duffy (view all)
- Comparing and discussing two poems written by two different ...
- Commentary on Tea By Carol Anne Duffy
- I have been given four depressing poems to study, looking at...
- A Comparison between 'Originally' and 'In Mrs Tilscher's Cla...
- To what extent do you agree that in her poetry Duffy explore...
- Compare the representation of relationships in the poems Tex...
- Light can take on many different forms, some more prominent ...
- Duffy has said that violence and evil arent owned by men. Ho...
- How does Duffy present personal experience of war in Passing...
- Carol Ann Duffy Shooting Stars Analysis
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.