- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Dead Poets Society
The first 200 words of this essay...
9 December 2004
Dead Poets Society
Directed by Peter Weir
How do the quotations and poems demonstrate the main themes or ideas of the film, Dead Poets Society?
The film, Dead Poets Society, directed by Peter Weir, is set in the 1950's at Welton Academy in the United States. Welton is a school that is based on honor, discipline, tradition, and excellence. The teachers at this school are extremely strict and academic.
The Dead Poets Society has many important themes and messages, which should be considered in one's daily life. The film teaches to enjoy oneself and live life to the fullest. It also demonstrates the value of friendship, which is dealt with in the film as loyalty, betrayal, forgiveness, and love. Dead Poets Society also shows the significance of poetry and how it expresses many emotions frequently experienced by people. Mr. Keating informs the boys that poetry helps people understand themselves, feel alive, and appreciate life. Another message in the film involves making the right decisions, learning from selections one makes, and the results of one's choices. Finally, Dead Poets Society touches on finding
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Robert Frost (view all)
- The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost relates on both a literal...
- Write a critical appreciation of Mending Wall exploring how ...
- Commentarty: Mending Wall by Robert Frost
- Closely analyse the poems 'Sacifice' by Taufiq Rafat and 'Ou...
- MENDING WALL
- Poetic methods used in 'After Apple Picking' -Robet Frost
- With close reference to Out, Out - explore how Frost directs...
- The Gift Outright, by Robert Frost is a poem that expresses ...
- Analysis of Robert Frost's "After Apple Picking" a...
- Emotional Barriers in Robert Frost's Mending wall and Home b...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.