- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe how Macbeths decision to kill King Duncan has brought about change within his character
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe how Macbeth's decision to kill King Duncan has brought about change within his character
In the tragedy, Macbeth written by William Shakespeare, Macbeth's own ambition leads him to make a decision to murder his own rightful king with the influence of the witches and his determined wife. This ultimately brings the character to undergo a drastic change in respect to his characteristics and personality throughout the play, changing him from good to evil.
The character Macbeth is introduced to the play as a courageous hero who fought in the battle field to bring Scotland peace. "For brave Macbeth- Well he deserves that name." this quote by the captain shows how Macbeth serves his king and his country with honour.
After the battle was won, Macbeth and his fellow friend, Banquo were greeted by the three witches who address Macbeth with three different names,
"All hail Macbeth, that shalt be king son hereafter."
This quote by the three witches' is a promise on Macbeth's future. This false promise plants a dark hope within Macbeth. Through the witches' visit, we can identify that Macbeth is not only a man of honour, but also
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Macbeth (view all)
- What is the importance of the opening scene of Macbeth and t...
- Villain or victim? Is Macbeth a victim of external circumsta...
- Macbeth was led down to an inescapable road of doom by an ou...
- How does Shakespeare characterize the witches?
- It is not only the heros character that feeds into the const...
- Examine Macbeth's mental deterioration throughout the play.
- The Importance of the Three Witches in Macbeth
- Macbeth as a Tragic Hero
- The relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth and how it...
- To what extent can Lady Macbeth be seen as a female gothic p...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.