- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
ENGA2 Production piece and analysis - Will the royal wedding be the monarchy's last hurrah
The first 200 words of this essay...
Will the Royal Wedding be the Monarchy's last hurrah?
What could be more patriotic, nationalistic, and just plain British than watching two individuals infinitely more wealthy and privileged than you'll ever be tie the knot? You'd think that, short of splicing together the DNA of Winston Churchill, a bulldog, and a Sunday roast and making the resultant monstrosity lose in straight sets to Roger Federer in the semi-finals of Wimbledon, the answer would be 'absolutely nothing'. But, if a newly-released batch of statistics are to be believed, Brits are thoroughly apathetic about the upcoming Royal nuptials, and no amount of tins of biscuits with the happy couple's faces on can do anything to remedy that.
Figures released by the Office for National Statistics show that fewer than 180 street parties are being planned across the nation, and the latest opinion polls show the majority of people claim to be uninterested in Kate and Wills' big day, and can you blame them? In today's modern world, the British Monarchy are looking more and more out of touch.
In 2008, Americans shrugged off decades of social injustice and did something that the pioneers of the Civil Rights Movement could
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Composition (view all)
- Should the police be armed?
- Should The Voting Age Be Lowered To 13?
- Loneliness in The Catcher in The Rye (persuasive essay)
- The effects of mobile phone on our lives-give us your views...
- Teenagers today are only interested in entertainment.Do you ...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.