- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
English - Commentary
The first 200 words of this essay...
The purpose of 'The Strand' is to inform the reader about my chosen destination of Trebarwith Strand, and to show how you do not need to travel far or overseas for an ideal holiday location. It has to get the reader interested by helping them see what I'm writing about. The reader could be anyone looking for a holiday, possibly in England for a quiet break, such as hikers, surfers, families and couples. This type of writing is suitable for a magazine or guidebook, with the themes of geography and activities in the area which inform the reader.
For the opening paragraph I wrote from the first person to document my journey to Trebarwith. The compound-complex sentence I used to do this was intended to show that it is a long journey by foot, there's a lot to take in. "Just two and a half miles from Delabole, my hometown, along the winding country lanes, across fields and footpaths I arrive at my haven, Trebarwith Strand." The punctuation breaks up the sentence to show the stages of the journey.
Nothing is mentioned about the Trebarwith itself though until the second paragraph. This was to encourage
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Composition (view all)
- Should the police be armed?
- The effects of mobile phone on our lives-give us your views...
- Teenagers today are only interested in entertainment.Do you ...
- Descriptive Essay - At the Beach
- Global Warming Argument Essay
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.