- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Explain in your own words exactly how Macbeth and Banquo react to their prophecies.Remember that their reactions change throughtout Act 1 Scene 3.You should provide short quotations to support what you say.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain in your own words exactly how
Macbeth and Banquo react to their
Remember that their reactions change
throughtout Act 1 Scene 3.
You should provide short quotations to
support what you say.
In Act 1 Scene 3, the three witches foresee the future
for Macbeth and Banquo. They prophesise Macbeth
will be Thane of Cawdor and King of Scotland.
Macbeth is awestruck by these three strange
creatures predicting his future titles. This could be
because he had previously thought of being king,
and the witches had told him what he wanted to hear
- that it would soon become reality.
Banquo asks Macbeth why he is afraid of these
inhuman creatures if they are telling him things that
sound so just and equitable, "Good sir, why do you
start and seem to fear/Things that do sound so fair?"
(Act 1 Sc3, Lines:49-50)
By this we can see Banquo is happy for Macbeth's
future, but soon turns self-centred and asks the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Macbeth (view all)
- Banquos principles have been deeply compromised and we justi...
- Lady Macbeth character analysis
- Equivocation in Macbeth
- Macbeth - During Shakespeare's time, England was hysterical ...
- Villain or victim? Is Macbeth a victim of external circumsta...
- Examine Macbeth's mental deterioration throughout the play.
- The Importance of the Three Witches in Macbeth
- Macbeth as a Tragic Hero
- The relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth and how it...
- To what extent can Lady Macbeth be seen as a female gothic p...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.