- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Imagine that you are writing a study of Paris during the Terror.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Imagine that you are writing a study of Paris during the Terror. In the form of a short essay (not more than 900 words) consider the following three questions:
1. What kind of primary source is this and what strengths and weaknesses does it have?
2. Are there any particular words and phrase in the document that require elucidation or special comment before you can make use of it?
3. What can you learn from this source with respect to Paris and the Terror? You should distinguish, where appropriate, between witting and unwitting testimony.
This document in its original form as a speech is an unpublished document. However, because it has been translated and printed as a part of a book, it is now a published document.
As a source for study, it has several strengths. Firstly, it is now a part of a recognized historical document. Secondly, it fulfills the criteria of being a relevant document because of the author's proximity to the Paris Terror. It also provides good clues about the view points (however biased) of Jacques Roux and others like him living in Paris at that time.
On the other
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Social setting in "Perfume" by Patrick Suskind
- Class and Gender conflict in Pygmalion
- The Role of Onomatopoeia in Forming New Words
- Exams should be abolished speech
- English commentary creative writing. I based the beginning o...
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.