- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In act 3 scene 4, Hamlet has been summoned to his mother's room. Give detailed directions to the actor playing Hamlet.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In act 3 scene 4, Hamlet has been summoned to his mother's room. Give detailed directions to the actor playing Hamlet, you should comment upon:
* The delivery of the lines
* Actions, gestures and facial expressions
* Relevant connections to other parts of the play
In the previous scene Polonius has plotted with the king to spy on hamlet whilst he talks to his mother (Gertrude) to asses Hamlet's behaviour.
Hamlet has been called to his mother's room as of his manifestation of "madness" during the play within the play, which Hamlet set up so he'd stir up everything and everybody in the court. As a result of his "antic disposition" he's proved (to himself) that Claudius (the King) murdered his father (King Hamlet).
Hamlets emotions are tearing him in two. He is the only person who knows the truth of his father's death (apart from Claudius himself). He'd love to tell his mother but he knows it would break her heart to hear it, and one of his father's instructions was not to involve his mother in any way. There is also the fact that Claudius took the throne from Hamlet and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hamlet (view all)
- Examine how Shakespeare treats the female character / explor...
- Compare the first four soliloquies in Hamlet, and how his at...
- Discuss Hamlet's attitude to death and the afterlife, giving...
- Consider different interpretations of some of Hamlet's solil...
- Hamlet. Discuss Lord, we know what we are, we know not what ...
- Hamlet's Procrastination : a Study on his Failure to Act
- An Analysis of Hamlets Philosophy of Life and Death in Willi...
- Show how Shakespeare presents a disordered and corrupt state...
- The tragedy of Hamlet is that as a character of an Elizabeth...
- Why does Hamlet still matter?
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.