- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In Black Boy and ‘Fenland Chronicle’ Compare The Ways In Which The Authors Make You Feel Sorry For The Central
The first 200 words of this essay...
In Black Boy and 'Fenland Chronicle' Compare The Ways In Which The Authors Make You Feel Sorry For The Central Characters
'Black Boy' is an extract from an autobiography of Richard Wright as a youngster facing a mean predicament that taught him a lesson of shielding himself against the cruel outside world . Whereas 'Fenland Chronicle' is an extract of an oral history response of Sybil Marshall against the way in which 'little girls' where treated like 'slaves' by 'nasty, vulgar' farmers and shepherds. The two extracts have been written in the aim of achieving empathy from readers, however this is achieved in differing ways from both extracts by the use of differing storylines and techniques.
The character that is at the centre of attention in 'Black Boy' is young Richard Wright, this is shown in the extract when he explains that he and his brother 'were too young to know' that the family was in some disarray and that his life 'would not be the same as other children' the fact that he has been compared to other children shows that he is one himself. He is not only a child at this time, but
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Commentary for English Language AS. The article I chose to w...
- Grouping texts on the basis of shared linguistic features. T...
- Theories Of Language Development - Chomsky and Skinner
- Writing to persuade Stop smoking leaflet
- "A Sort of Preface" is a short piece of prose writ...
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.