- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In the novel The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald the theme of the American dream is woven in and explored through out the book.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The American Dream, The Dangerous Drug
The American Dream... It's what people from all over the world come to this country for. In America, this concept is what each child and teen is brought up by; a myth or perhaps a scarce reality we can't envision clearly but nonetheless strive for it. But what exactly is the American dream? Many can answer this question in a similar list of words; success, accomplishment, wealth, superiority, fame, power...happiness. In the novel The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald the theme of the American dream is woven in and explored through out the book. While there is a goal, the wanting and the waiting is almost unbearable, but once that something is achieved, it doesn't seem as special or significant as it was made out to be in the first place. This theme is explored in the novel when Jay Gatsby reveals his years of waiting for a meeting with Daisy after so much time has passed. True passion and hope are the drive behind the achievement of our American dreams; for if it's truly something we desire we don't stop until that goal is attained. Gatsby was truly in love
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
F. Scott Fitzgerald (view all)
- Symbolism in the Great Gatsby
- The characters are irresponsible dreamers'' - The Great Gats...
- Prohibition and The Great Gatsby
- Myrtle's Tragic Achievement - The Great Gatsby.
- How Does Fitzgerald Tell the Story in Chapter 5 of The Great...
- Write about some of the ways that Fitzgerald tells the story...
- How does Fitzgerald tell the story in chapter 6 of "The...
- Write about some of the ways Fitzgerald tells the story of t...
- The Great Gatsby has been described as a definitive record o...
- "The Great Gatsby" - analysis of Chapter 1 and the...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo