- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In the poem model village Carol Ann Duffy uncovers the secrets of the people
The first 200 words of this essay...
Duffy uses her poetry to expose aspects of society which are often
kept hidden. How far do you agree?
In the poem model village Carol Ann Duffy uncovers the secrets
of the people who live in this village. The title suggests perfection
a place where people would like to visit. The fist stanza is simple
with sentences like "cows say moo". The language is presented as if an
adult is teaching a child. In the first four lines there is no in
between "grass is green and the pillar-box red" everything is just
so. Then halfway into the fourth line the tone changes when strange
questions like "wouldn't it be strange if the grass were red?" are
asked. Duffy then introduces us to Miss Maiden. The name is picked
appropriately as Miss Maiden is a maiden who has been held back by her
mother. This stanza is written in italics to show contrast to the
first stanza. The opening line is a contrast to the last and quite a
shock to the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Carol Ann Duffy (view all)
- Discuss 'The Cool Web' by Robert Graves and 'Words' by Edwar...
- To What Extent is Anne Hathaway Typical of the Collection Th...
- DUFFY - MRS.MIDAS
- Poetry critical review of "The Victims"
- A Critical Analysis of Carol Ann Duffy's 'In Mrs Tilscher's ...
- Compare the representation of relationships in the poems Tex...
- Light can take on many different forms, some more prominent ...
- Duffy has said that violence and evil arent owned by men. Ho...
- How does Duffy present personal experience of war in Passing...
- Carol Ann Duffy Shooting Stars Analysis
""Zoey. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.