- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Merchant of Venice - Do you sympathise with Shylock? Consider the presentation of his character and the way he is treated by Venetian Society.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Merchant of Venice Essay
Do you sympathise with Shylock? Consider the presentation of his character and the way he is treated by Venetian Society.
Shakespeare was a playwright in the 17th Century. He was born on the 23rd April, 1564, in Stratford-on-Avon, England and died the same day and same place in 1616. He lived comfortably with his family until he was 13. He father was involved in local affairs. He married at the age of 18 to Anne Hathaway who was possible pregnant. He attended Stratford-on-Avon's Grammar School. His father's financial problems forced Shakespeare to leave school when he was 13. He never attended a college and later became an actor in London at the age of 22. Shakespeare's most major accomplishes were Romeo and Juliet (1594-95), Julius Caesar (1599), Hamlet (1600), Macbeth (1605-06) and of course the 36 plays, 154 sonnets and 2 narrative poems that he wrote. Shakespeare owned the Globe Theatre in London; he was the most popular writer of his own age. Many people consider him to be the most gifted writer of all time and many of his phrases have been entered into the English Language.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
The Merchant of Venice (view all)
- Shylock is solely responsible for the tragedy that unfolds ...
- How has Radfords film version explored notions about value a...
- Discuss the presentation of the Christians in 'The Merchant ...
- Merchant of Venice Notes
- Compare and Contrast life as we know it in Belmont, with lif...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.