- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Reasons why I would invite Michael Longley to speak to my class.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Imagine you have invited Michael Longley to give a reading of his poems to your class or group. What poems would you ask him to read and why do you think they would appeal to your fellow students?
If I was to invite Michael Longley to give a reading to my class I would ask him to read several poems. These include: Wreaths, Wounds, Ceasefire, Last Requests and An Amish Rug. The theme dealt with in "Wreaths", and the honest poetic voice it is dealt with ensures I would pick it as one of the poems I'd have Michael Longley read out to my class. "Wounds" like Wreaths deals with an interesting theme. Couple that with the striking imagery present in it and there is no way this wonderful poem would not be one of my picks to be read out loud by the poet. "Ceasefire" gives us some very interesting insights into the conflict in Northern Ireland. "Last Requests" and "An Amish Rug" deal with the poets relationships with other people. Last requests also, like wreaths features Longley's honest and unbiased poetic voice. I would therefore pick all these poems to be read out by Michael
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Poets (view all)
- What methods does Rossetti use to tell the poem Maude Clare?
- How does Coleridge use setting in the first two parts of &qu...
- Write about the ways that Coleridge tells the story in Part ...
- The drudgery of Work
- Discuss ways in which Dickinson explores the sense of the ab...
- Write about Auden's narrative methods in '1st September 1939...
- Thomas Hardy- the Walk Analysis
- Discuss the following poem (A Thunderstorm in Town by Thomas...
- Comment closely on the following poem (The Self-Unseeing by ...
- Write about Coleridge's use of Symbolism in Part I of The Ri...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.