- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Rhetorical Analysis of a Scholarly Article. In Keith McPhersons 2008 article Product Placement: Facing Yet Another Dark Art, McPherson attempts to persuade teacher-librarians to assist students in developing their abilities to ident
The first 200 words of this essay...
Professor N. Hartlan
Film And Cultural Studies
22 March 2012
Rhetorical Analysis of a Scholarly Article
Product placement is a form of advertising that has become progressively popular in today's business world. In Keith McPherson's 2008 article "Product Placement: Facing Yet Another Dark Art", McPherson attempts to persuade teacher-librarians to assist students in developing their abilities to identify the intent of product placement messages, make reasoned judgments in light of this intent, and take sensible actions. I believe that McPherson is successful in persuading his audience by demonstrating specific examples from different kinds of evidence, by appealing to readers through the use of logos, pathos and ethos, and by using some of the nine major rhetorical strategies to support his argument.
McPherson's ability to use precise examples through different categories of evidence is his first step towards a successfully persuasive article. McPherson's begins his article by asking the readers to imagine they are viewing the sitcom Friends as well as a telecast of a Major League Baseball game. The author then asks the audience to pretend they are one of the few people who have noticed, and are surprised
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Exams should be abolished speech
- Language Aquisition Notes
- Symbolism in The Kite Runner
- Grandpas Soup by Jackie Kay and The Coming of Yams and Mango...
- "Anita and me" Meera Syal - Examine the ways in wh...
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Zoey. University Student.