- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Summarise what Tricia Stallings is saying and comment on her use of language to create the effect that she wants.
The first 200 words of this essay...
SUMMARISE WHAT TRICIA STALLINGS IS SAYING AND COMMENT ON HER USE OF LANGUAGE TO CREATE THE EFFECT THAT SHE WANTS.
In this article, Tricia Stallings reveals that she has escaped from a dirty and squalid place. She is thankful for the fresh air, 24-hour supermarkets and various other 'luxuries' she receives in America. She feels purely that England is uninhabitable. She says that if it was habitable, she would have stayed there. She still loves the people and also the weather.
She does not understand why the British people accept the conditions in which they live. America has strict pollution control laws for vehicles while the UK allows its vehicles to emit untreated and harmful gases directly into the lungs and pores of the citizens. Furthermore, she believes that downtown Manhattan is cleaner than the English countryside. As well as that, she feels that there is no such thing as English countryside. According to her, the countryside is polluted due to the burning of fossil fuels.
She says that she always feels filthy in London and she believes that the British are unwilling to change. She says that England is the only country that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Language Aquisition Notes
- When comparing the two travel based texts, the different way...
- Exploring the genre and style of the Political Interview - P...
- Symbolism in The Kite Runner
- Analysis of a historical newspaper article - White Slavery i...
- Language Investigation. This essay will show the evolvement...
- How do three different types of reports of the death of Tony...
- Text Commentary - Text 25 (Food Glorious Food Anthology)
- Text Commentary - Text 17 (Food Glorious Food Anthology)
- Text Comparision - Food in "Oliver Twist" and Pete...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.