- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Summarise what Tricia Stallings is saying and comment on her use of language to create the effect that she wants.
The first 200 words of this essay...
SUMMARISE WHAT TRICIA STALLINGS IS SAYING AND COMMENT ON HER USE OF LANGUAGE TO CREATE THE EFFECT THAT SHE WANTS.
In this article, Tricia Stallings reveals that she has escaped from a dirty and squalid place. She is thankful for the fresh air, 24-hour supermarkets and various other 'luxuries' she receives in America. She feels purely that England is uninhabitable. She says that if it was habitable, she would have stayed there. She still loves the people and also the weather.
She does not understand why the British people accept the conditions in which they live. America has strict pollution control laws for vehicles while the UK allows its vehicles to emit untreated and harmful gases directly into the lungs and pores of the citizens. Furthermore, she believes that downtown Manhattan is cleaner than the English countryside. As well as that, she feels that there is no such thing as English countryside. According to her, the countryside is polluted due to the burning of fossil fuels.
She says that she always feels filthy in London and she believes that the British are unwilling to change. She says that England is the only country that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Language Aquisition Notes
- Investigating how language has changed in children's litera...
- Commentary for English Language AS. The article I chose to w...
- Analyse and comment on the way your idiolect changes dependi...
- Class and Gender conflict in Pygmalion
- Text Comparision - Food in "Oliver Twist" and Pete...
- Analysing the representation of speech: Texts A and B are bo...
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.