- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Technology - Did it break the stalemate or didn't it?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to War Poetry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Technology-Did it break the stalemate or didn't it?
World War One saw many new weapons and advancements in technology on both sides of the war. Each side took huge steps towards modern technology to help gain an advantage over the opponent, these carried on even after the war had begun. However as one side took a step forward, the other side will help to push them back in place, these weapons we only an advantage for short periods of time as the other would react immediately to research every new weapon introduced. Therefore, while one side would be developing something new the other would be playing catch up or possibly coming in from another angle.
As this war witnessed a colossal change in technology, advancements needs to be present on all angles of the war, technology spread its wings not only till the ground but also in the air and the sea. As it was the beginning of this transformation in war, many developments were made on the ground to dispose of the opposing trench. As this reformation took place, was it the beginning of the end of the 'stalemate' or was the cycle going to continue? I
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
War Poetry (view all)
- Analysis of a poem- 'Horses' by Edwin Muir It is said that o...
- Dulce et Decorum Est Critical Essay.
- "Attack" by Sassoon critical analysis
- This paper describes a design-based effort to build an effec...
- A Comparison of "Who's for the Game" and "Dul...
- Thomas has a very distinctive eye for the miniature of natur...
- Explore Owens Use of Metaphor in Mental Cases
- In the elegy "strange Meeting ", Owen brings the h...
- How does Thomas present war in "As the Team's Head Bras...
- The theme of war and destruction is presented through the po...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.