- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Text A is an exchange of words between a teacher and a pupil, the type of speech is referential which means that the teacher is providing information and giving details
The first 200 words of this essay...
Comparison of the spoken language
People change the way they speak depending on their audience. An example of this would be if a teenager was to speak to another teenager then they are likely to use informal language, if the conversation is between an adult and a teenager then the teenager would alter the way the speak to be better understood by their audience. Informal language contains non standard English such as slang. The use of slang means the speaker is in a more relaxed situation and means that their audience understands the way in which they speak. By using more complex language and not including slang the tone is more formal, a situation of using formal language would be a teenager talking to an adult. In the two examples there are many differences in which people adapt the way they speak depending on their audience.
Text A is an exchange of words between a teacher and a pupil, the type of speech is referential which means that the teacher is providing information and giving details about an activity or an event. In this case the teacher is giving feedback to the pupil about his essay. Text B
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Commentary for English Language AS. The article I chose to w...
- Grouping texts on the basis of shared linguistic features. T...
- Exams should be abolished speech
- Theories Of Language Development - Chomsky and Skinner
- Language Aquisition Notes
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.