- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Twelfth Night is one of Shakespeares comedy plays. Shakespeare demonstrates many comedic situations that the characters are placed in. He has the characters disrupt their usual routine.
The first 200 words of this essay...
English 3, period 9
2 November 2010
The Twelfth Night
Twelfth Night is one of Shakespeare's comedy plays. Shakespeare demonstrates many comedic situations that the characters are placed in. He has the characters disrupt their usual routine. For example, Orsino is in love with Olivia, who does not want a relationship due to her brothers death. Viola, disguised herself as her brother Sebastian but named herself Cesario. Viola/Cesario, Orsino and Olivia are wrapped up into a love triangle.
Orsino is referring to Olivia as he says "O spirit of love, how quick and fresh art thou, that, notwithstanding thy capacity receiveth as sea naught enters there, of what validity and pitch soe'er, but falls into abatement and low price even in a minute" (act 1, scene 1, lines 9-14). This quote displays his love towards Olivia and how he cannot eat or do anything as he is so in love with her. Orsino knows that Olivia is not looking for any arrangements with him to be made as her brother just passed away.
Viola and her brother Sebastian were on a ship when a huge
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Twelfth Night (view all)
- 'Disguise I see thou art a wickedness' (Viola 2.2) What is t...
- Twelfth Night is full of echoes and parallels. Consider how ...
- Twelfth Night - Fools
- How does Shakespeare use the theme of love to create a comed...
- Twelfth Night - Feste's self.
- The play Twelfth Night portrays a very good example of loyal...
- Compare and Contrast Viola and Sebastian from "Twelfth ...
- Fools and folly are widely used in comedy to create humour T...
- Twelfth Night. To what extent do Act 2 scene 5 and Act 3 sce...
- How does Malvolio connect to disguise and deceit in Act 2 Sc...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.