- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
CG and its links with culture and institutions - Italian company analysed
The first 200 words of this essay...
Student ID: A814717
BSP 033 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Module leader: Trevor Buck
Title of the assignment:
In 2009, does an international firm's home country culture and institutions still have any implications for corporate governance?
Illustrate your answer with ANY ONE international firm and ONE home country of your choice. Are your conclusions expected to apply to all firms from that country?
Date of submission: 01/05/2009
Word count: 2,869
(excluding Cover Page, Table of Contents and References)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 3
2. Enel Background 3
3. Italian national culture dimensions 3
4. Italian Institutions 4
5. Enel Corporate Governance 6
5.1 Board of directors 6
5.2 Share Ownership 6
5.3 Executive pay 6
5.4 Takeovers 6
6. Conclusion 7
7. References 8
According to the Cadbury report (1992), corporate governance can be defined as "the system by which companies are directed and controlled". Although books regarding issues of corporate governance date back to even the 18th century (Smith, 1776), it is only in the 1990s that its importance has started to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
General Studies (view all)
- English School Uniform Essay
- Unsur-unsur utama dalam Falsafah Pendidikan Guru dan implika...
- ROLE OF YOUTH IN NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- animal testing
- Can the world sustain our increasing dependency over electri...
- Should the Death penalty be re-introduced?
- Pro Speech- Capital Punishment
- Discuss the statement " Art changes the world as much a...
- Should scientific research be restricted in any way?
- Globalization vs. Culture: The Loss Of Identity
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'