- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Louis Farrakhan and Afrocentricity
The first 200 words of this essay...
Louis Farrakhan was born May 11, 1933, in The Bronx, N.Y. At the time of his birth, his given name was Louis Eugene Walcott (known as Gene). Farrakhan was raised by his mother in Roxbury, Mass. in a high disciplined and highly spiritual household. His mother believed in the value of work, responsibility and intellectual development. Having a strong sensitivity to the plight and misfortune of Black people, she engaged him in conversations regarding the struggle from freedom, justice and equality. During his early years, Farrakhan's childhood was filled with open rejection of African Americans in the neighborhood that he lived in, which was predominately Jewish. Couple with these experiences and the racial discrimination of the past, these experiences fueled his distain for whites and for the Jewish community.
As the public knows him, Louis Farrakhan is the leader of the Nation of Islam (NOI) and is regarded as one of the world's most controversial Black speakers. He is widely known for his outspoken and candid speeches that many consider to be extremist rhetoric, which is consistent with racial and religious distain. Outside of these
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
General Studies (view all)
- Formal Report on Time Management. As part of my Study Skills...
- Freedom is not the lack of constraint, but the exercise of r...
- General studies essay smoking ban
- Is it a good thing that english is beconing a dominant globa...
- 'All art is propaganda of some form.' Discuss.
- Which diseases are more prevalent in your country and what c...
- Should the Death penalty be re-introduced?
- Pro Speech- Capital Punishment
- Discuss the statement " Art changes the world as much a...
- Should scientific research be restricted in any way?
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student