- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Common Life
The first 200 words of this essay...
AP Lang/ Comp 2B
10 February 2010
The Truth About Common Life
Our world exists and operates with a complete sense of balance. Trees flourish around the globe providing the entire human race with oxygen to breathe, while humans immediately return the favor with carbon dioxide, which trees need to survive. What one does not need seems to be essential to another, causing effortless stability. The balance of life continues even in common communities everywhere. Scott Russell, the author of "The Common Life," believes "dwelling in a web of relationships" is a necessity and "essential to our humanity." Though Russell seems to provide some qualifications to his bold statement, the idea is farfetched and a bit naïve. I disagree that a society can not function with people "who care about no one's needs but their own;" I believe individuality and uniqueness are essential components to the healthy development and smooth flow of communities, and attempting to conform all people to act in a manner that mirrors each others' eliminates all chance for this. Without these characteristics there would be no balance.
Russell compares people
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
General Studies (view all)
- This assignment will demonstrate a written reflective accoun...
- English School Uniform Essay
- What is Euthanasia?
- The internet should be implemented into all educational sect...
- Should Cannabis be legalised?
- Should the Death penalty be re-introduced?
- Pro Speech- Capital Punishment
- Discuss the statement " Art changes the world as much a...
- Should scientific research be restricted in any way?
- Globalization vs. Culture: The Loss Of Identity
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.